The mission of ARBA is to foster and promote the finest in transportation for the State of Alabama.
Established in 1947, the Alabama Road Builders Association is dedicated to serving the specific needs of businesses involved in Alabama’s transportation construction industry. We serve contractors, material suppliers, consulting engineers and other professional service firms. We are the industry’s forum for open communication with The Alabama Department of Transportation and other agencies. Conveniently located down the street from the Alabama Statehouse and Capitol, the Alabama Road Builders Association, is located at 630 Adams Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama. ARBA is considered the headquarters for our industry. Additionally, ARBA has a full time staff ready to serve you.
The Alabama Road Builders Association is a nonprofit organization of individuals and business firms actively engaged in the construction of transportation systems or in furnishing materials, equipment or services for such construction. The Association is governed by its officers and board of directors, consisting of a President, Immediate Past President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary, and directors from all over the state. Committees are also established to address certain needs of the Association and its membership.
- Foster and promote public and legislative awareness of the advantages of a beneficial, efficient and effective transportation system.
- Protect and enhance transportation revenues for construction and maintenance of transportation facilities.
- Apprise lawmakers with factual data so that legislation can be most accurately considered.
- Investigate the feasibility and advance the application of new technology, equipment, techniques, procedures, and systems for planning, financing, designing, constructing, maintaining and operating transportation systems.
- Investigate and promote alternatives for improvement to the economic, social, environmental, political, and safety challenges surrounding the transportation needs of the State of Alabama.
- Encourage the continued development of skills and knowledge through education in the planning and designing and construction of transportation facilities.
- Promote the highest degree of honesty and integrity of contractors, suppliers, engineers, and public officials in the transportation industry.
- Maintain and promote open communication and cooperation between the industry and the Alabama Department of Transportation.
- Cooperate with and assist the American Road and Transportation Builders Association to ensure continued federal support for a progressive national transportation system.
- Provide pertinent information, educational opportunities and training to member firms.
- Maximize association membership among firms participating in Alabama’s transportation program.
- ARBA undertakes, as a group rather than individually, the numerous problems affecting the transportation industry where the end result has proved much more advantageous than if undertaken by an individual.
- ARBA is Alabama’s transportation construction industry watchdog, and is recognized as a state and national spokesman for the transportation construction industry.
- ARBA provides that vehicle for getting to know the people of your industry, which improves your communications with your business associates.
Alabama Road Builders Association Anti-Trust Statement: Alabama Road Builders Association members agree to engage in legal, moral and ethical business practices.